Available Amenities for All Events
- Breathtaking water views of the Chesapeake Bay
- Spectacular photo opportunities amid our landscaped gardens and lawn
- Lovely lawn areas for outdoor wedding ceremonies
- Facility available for large outdoor events
- Fully accessible observation deck, gazebo and 300 foot fishing pier on the water
- Charming patio, ideal for cocktail hour or smaller gatherings
- Charming, restored 1740's farmhouse with an indoor capacity of 125, and a seating capacity for 60 throughout the first floor
- House features include: central air conditioning, 5 restrooms, large commercial kitchen, fully furnished and tastefully decorated rooms throughout and two porches with water view.
- View downstairs layout (GIF)
- View upstairs layout (GIF)
- 50' x 70' tented area on stamped concrete foundation with chandelier lighting and electrical outlets
- Accommodates up to 250 people
- Tent sides attached in the case of inclement weather
- Exceptional waterfront view of the Chesapeake Bay
- Opportunity to choose your own licensed and insured caterer
- On-site staff to oversee the facility during your event
- Wedding rehearsals, Monday thru Thursday as available, at no charge
- Over 20 years of experience in hosting outdoor weddings and special events.
- Courtesy golf car ride, for the bride, groom and photographer, to the water for photos
Common Usages of Swan Harbor Farm
As an indoor facility, the house is most suitable for mingling, cocktail party type activities. The house capacity is 125, and, as furnished, has a seating capacity for about 60 people throughout the various rooms on the first floor.
Most events at Swan Harbor Farm make use of the house and tented area. The first floor of the house offers three restrooms (one is handicap accessible), a large commercial kitchen for the caterer's use, and many beautifully decorated rooms. Food may be set up anywhere in the house (hors d'oeuvres and/or reception buffet) and your guests are always welcome to come inside.
The second floor offers dressing rooms for the bridal party, two additional restrooms, a children's playroom and a screened porch with a magnificent water view.
Swan Harbor Farm's tented area has 50' x 70' tent on a stamped concrete foundation. This tented area accommodates up to 250 guests with room for a dancing area, a DJ/small band, as well as room for food and beverages to be set up. Electrical outlets (typical household power) are close to the tented area and there are chandeliers under the tent for lighting.
Caterers, who must be licensed and insured, are welcome to work at Swan Harbor Farm and copies of these documents must be in the office prior to all events. The set-up and tear down of tables and chairs for your ceremony site and/or reception is the responsibility of the caterer you select. This should be discussed with the caterer prior to contracting with them. All contractors (caterers, DJ, etc) must be approved in advance by Swan Harbor Farm.
In the case of inclement weather, the ceremonies are relocated to the tented area.
Smoking & Tobacco Products
Smoking and the use of any tobacco products is prohibited on all property owned, leased or operated by Harford County, Maryland, which includes Swan Harbor Farm.